How to find travel records for the N-400 application



Part 9 of Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, requires applicants to list all periods of travel (in excess of 24 hours).

In many cases it can be difficult to remember specific travel dates over a period of five years. But the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website can help some people retrieve these records.

CBP gathers travelers’ I-94 arrival/departure information automatically from their electronic travel records. This information is gathered electronically for air and sea travelers. However, if you entered the U.S. at a land border port of entry, a paper form I-94 is still issued. To view your electronic travel records for the last five years:

  1. Go to the CBP I-94 Page
  2. Enter your name, birth date, passport number and country that issued the passport.
  3. Click “Get Travel History” to get five years of travel records

If you are having trouble locating the records on CBP website, try these troubleshooting tips.

If you cannot find electronic travel records, you must do you best to estimate the exact days of your travel. Check with relatives you may have visited, review credit card statements or try to recover old travel records from airline or transportation company.

Source: CBP

Citizenship Resource Center
Find additional support articles and naturalization information in the Citizenship Resource Center
Naturalization Requirements  |  Citizenship Cost Calculator
What Happens After Filing N-400  |  How to Prepare for Citizenship Test
Citizenship Blog Articles

No credit card or sign up required.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk