Can I travel abroad before my Advance Parole is approved?


It is highly recommended that you obtain your Advance Parole Document before traveling outside the United States.

If you travel outside the United States while your Form I-485 application is pending and you do not have a valid advance parole, your case may be denied for abandonment.  There is a narrow exception for individuals maintaining certain non-immigrant statuses. 

Source: USCIS


Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk