If I am granted deferred action, may I legally work in the U.S.?


Every individual who is granted deferred action through DACA will be lawfully permitted to work. In order to be permitted to work, you must include an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) in your DACA application, which when granted, will be valid for a period of two years and may be renewed. You must wait until the the EAD, also known as a work permit, is issued prior to accepting employment.

employment authorization

Did you know minor mistakes on your DACA application can result in costly delays?
Prepare your DACA application in about 25 minutes. CitizenPath guides you through the complete application process and provides help to answer questions such as this one. Our personalized filing instructions will allow you to file your application today knowing that you did everything right!


DACA Resource Center
Find additional support articles and deferred action information in the DACA Resource Center
Social Security Number | Driver License | Travel with DACA
When to Renew DACA  |  What Happens After Filing Form I-821D

No credit card or sign up required.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk