How do I prove that I came to the U.S. before turning 16?


One of the DACA eligibility rules requires that you came to the United States before the age of 16 years old. You can use any of these documents to prove that you came to the U.S. before you turned 16:

  • Passport with admission stamp Form I-94/I-95/I-94W
  • School records from the U.S. schools you have attended
  • Any Immigration and Naturalization Service or DHS document stating your date of entry (Form I-862, Notice to Appear)
  • Travel records
  • Hospital or medical records
  • Any other document you think is helpful

Did you know minor mistakes on your DACA application can result in costly delays?
Prepare your DACA application in about 25 minutes. CitizenPath guides you through the complete application process and provides help to answer questions such as this one. Our personalized filing instructions will allow you to file your application today knowing that you did everything right!

Note: You may submit this documentation even if it only has the name of your parents or legal guardians, as long as you also submit other evidence (e.g. third party documentation) that connects you to your residence at that address.

DACA Resource Center
Find additional support articles and deferred action information in the DACA Resource Center
Social Security Number | Driver License | Travel with DACA
When to Renew DACA  |  What Happens After Filing Form I-821D

No credit card or sign up required.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk