Can I get the English and/or U.S. Government and History requirements for citizenship waived based on a disability or impairment?


If you have a medical disability or impairment that you believe qualifies you for a waiver of the tests of English and/or U.S. Government and History, your can make the request on Form N-400. Additionally, you will need to attach a properly completed From N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions, to your application. If you request this waiver, it does not guarantee that you will be excused from the testing requirements.

Source: USCIS


Citizenship Resource Center
Find additional support articles and naturalization information in the Citizenship Resource Center
Naturalization Requirements  |  Citizenship Cost Calculator
What Happens After Filing N-400  |  How to Prepare for Citizenship Test
Citizenship Blog Articles

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk