How do I find where my immigrant visa was issued or the USCIS office that adjustment of status was granted?


Part 3, Question 2 on Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, asks about the "location where your immigrant visa or adjustment of status was granted."

Did you know minor mistakes on your I-90 application can result in costly delays?
Prepare your I-90 online with us in only 15 minutes. We guide you through the complete application process and provide help to answer questions such as this one. Our personalized filing instructions will allow you to file your complete application today knowing that you did everything right!

If you were granted an immigrant visa before entering the U.S., this is the location of the U.S. Embassy or consulate where you became a lawful permanent resident.

If you filed an Application to Adjust Status (Form I-485) because you were already in the United States, this is the location of the USCIS office that granted you lawful permanent residence. Although you were probably granted permanent residence by mail, you can find the USCIS office that granted your permanent residence on your green card. Look for the card# (application receipt number) on your card. This is a hidden code that may be on the front or back of your green card, depending on the year it was issued. The first three letters are a code for the USCIS office that granted your adjustment of status case. You can find step-by-step guidance and pictures of various green card examples for this question by using CitizenPath's I-90 service.

Get 25% off preparation fees if you start Form I-90 with CitizenPath today. That's less than $58 for a neatly prepared I-90 and custom filing instructions... and you'll be done in about 15 minutes. Start Form I-90 now and use coupon code "I90SUPPORT" at checkout.

CitizenPath's I-90 service is a low-cost preparation tool for the do-it-yourself filer that just wants a little extra help. Try it now.

Green Card Center
Find additional support articles and permanent resident information in the Green Card Center
How to Read a Green Card | How to Replace/Renew a Green Card
New Green Card on 14th Birthday | What Happens After Filing Form I-90

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk