What is the purpose of Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address?


Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address, is used to report a change of address. It should be used by foreign nationals residing in the United States and filed within 10 days of the address change. This is very important because all of your immigration benefit applications are linked to your address as filed on the AR-11. The collection of this information is required by Section 265 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1305), and failure to report a change of address is punishable by fine or imprisonment and/or removal. Only A or G visa holders, U.S. citizens and asylees are exempt from this requirement.

The AR-11 will not update your address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS, so you should file the AR-11 before you file a new application or petition such as renewing a Green Card or a work permit. If you have already filed an application prior to updating your address, you will have to complete that step separately by calling the USCIS customer service line at 1-800-375-5283.

Complete the AR-11 for free on CitizenPath.com

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk