Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, is used by permanent residents to apply for a replacement or renewal of an existing Permanent Resident Cards (green cards).
Most people use Form I-90 to renew their green card, but typical reasons to replace a green card include:
- Your card was lost, stolen or destroyed
- Your card was issued but never received
- Your card was mutilated
- Your card has incorrect data
- Your name or other biographic information has been legally changed
- You have reached your 14th birthday and are registering as required
Conditional permanent residents may only use Form I-90 to replace a green card. Form I-90 should not be used by conditional permanent residents that want to renew their status or remove the conditions of their residence. There are two options for conditional permanent residents with expired green cards:
- I-751 – If you became a conditional permanent resident through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and your conditional status is expiring within the next 90 days, file Form I-751 – Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
- I-829 – If you became a conditional resident based on a financial investment in a U.S. business, file Form I-829 Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions.