What are the Federal Poverty Guidelines?


No anyone can sponsor an intending immigrant. In fact, the sponsor named on Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, must demonstrate that his or her income is at least 125 percent of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines for their household size. These guidelines are updated annually and can be found on Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

Active duty members of the U.S. armed forces (Army, Marines, Navy, Airforce, or Coast Guard) will only need an income of 100 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines as long as they are sponsoring a spouse or minor child.

Source: USCIS

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk